SouthEastern Solar's Maintenance & Repair
Although a solar PV installation does not need a lot of attention to continually function correctly, it is prudent to review the system from time to time, especially if it is not being monitored by SouthEastern Solar to alert you of any issues.
SouthEastern Solar recommend an annual inspection of the system by one of our technicians to confirm it is operating properly and inspect the physical plant itself. Bolts can come loose, connections can separate and the modules themselves can become obstructed by tree sap, animals or dust. By performing any necessary preventative maintenance now, you lessen the probability of future, unforeseen issues with the system.
Maintenance is included in all SouthEastern Solar systems for two years from the date of installation; maintenance contracts are available for a nominal fee after that. An annual maintenance visit includes the following;
Inspection of components to include:
- Solar PV modules – check for any issues, including signs of damage or stress on the glass / frames / cabling / joints, where accessible
- Mounting system – inspect framework, fixing points and module clamps for integrity and security, where accessible
- Inverters – ensure correct general operation, display functionality and cable connections
- Generation meter (if present) – check meter display and function
- Cabling and connections from PV array to mains supply connection, where accessible.
- Testing to include:
- Electrical periodic testing of AC circuit(s)
- DC Array test report (where possible)
- Inverter protection compliance (grid disconnect)
- Cleaning of inverter(s) including dust from heatsinks and air intakes.
Take the first step by calling SouthEastern Solar at 205-545-8685 for a free solar site evaluation today. Monday through Friday: 9:00AM-5:00PM; Saturday by Appointment.
Counties serviced by SouthEastern Solar for Residential or Off-Grid installations are: Bibb, Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, Tuscaloosa and Walker.
Commercial and Industrial clients are supported in the states of: Alabama, Florida (Panhandle), Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee.