Power Purchase Agreements from SouthEastern Solar
Power Purchase Agreement
SouthEastern Solar partners with companies that can offer you a free, fully maintained solar PV system through an attractive power purchase agreement for 20 to 40 years. During this term, electricity generated by the PV system is purchased by the property owner at a lower rate than your utility company is charging – with better price inflation than the utility company – saving you thousands of dollars every year and giving you long term control over your P&L costs.
What is a power purchase agreement?
A power purchase agreement (PPA) is a popular ‘free solar’ proposition that offers credit-worthy companies long term financial, accounting and economic benefits. It involves two parties with one business generating the solar energy and the other business purchasing it. A PPA also satisfies companies that prefer to use external investors to leverage the benefits of solar energy while they reinvest their own capital into core business activities.
Free solar and long term cheaper electricity
The providing company will provide you with a free, fully maintained solar PV system – designed and installed by SouthEastern Solar – in return for a fixed-term lease or license of your roof and airspace above your property. A competitive PPA price (per unit of electricity) will also be offered that is cheaper than your existing utility company and linked to an inflation rate that is lower than the energy market, saving you thousands of dollars every year for the duration of the PPA and giving your finance team the much-desired ability to forecast electricity costs over the long term.
Solar PPA rates: No upfront costs or ongoing fees
No upfront costs or ongoing service fees apply, meaning that you begin to make savings from day one and continue to benefit for the full term of the PPA, usually for a minimum of 20 years. At the end of the term, it is common practice that the PV system will be gifted to you for a nominal fee.
Benefits of a PPA
A PPA makes perfect business sense and is set up to mutually benefit both you and the investor;
- Free solar PV system: the system is fully funded by a reputable third party asset investor
- Guaranteed savings on energy bills: electricity generated by your PV system is purchased from the investor at a rate cheaper than your current utility company, linked to inflation at a lower rate than the energy market
- No maintenance costs: as part of the agreement, your system will have an ongoing operation and maintenance contract at no cost to yourself
- Long term budget control: the unit price you pay for electricity generated by the system will be fixed for the term of the agreement, allowing you to budget better for the future
- Fully transferable: the PPA contract can be transferred to the new occupants should you move to new premises in the future.
From small roofs in urban settings to ground mounts in the country and everything in between, SouthEastern Solar can make it happen for you.
Take the first step by calling SouthEastern Solar at 205-545-8685 for a free solar site evaluation today. Monday through Friday: 9:00AM-5:00PM. Saturday by Appointment.
Counties serviced by SouthEastern Solar for Residential or Off-Grid installations are: Bibb, Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, Tuscaloosa and Walker.
Commercial and Industrial clients are supported in the states of: Alabama, Florida (Panhandle), Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee.